Apache ActiveMQ Install
In this demo you will see how to install and configure Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.1 version on window operating system.
- Go to activemq.apache.org and choose latest release on the home page
- Choose Windows Distribution and download zip file
- Once file download is complete extract zip file into directory of your choice.
- cd to activemq_install_dir\bin directory
- Use activemq start command to start ActiveMQ:
- Once server started successfully you will see as below:
Test installation of ActiveMQ:
- As you see above console log “INFO | Apache ActiveMQ 5.11.1 (localhost, ID:JavaHonk-49351-1424752050593-0:1) started”
- Also if you check above console log you will see its listening on port (61616) “INFO | Listening for connections at: tcp://JavaHonk:61616?maximumConnections=1000&wireFormat.maxFrame
Size=104857600″. Check it this port from another command prompt as below:
- You can also monitor ActiveMQ on web console with this default URL: http://localhost:8161/admin . It will prompt you to enter user id and password. The default username and password is admin/admin. You can also change this in jetty-realm.properties file.
- You will see below console:
- To stop ActiveMQ use command: activemq stop or on running console window press ctrl+c and enter Terminate batch job (Y/N)? y
- For more detail please visit ActiveMQ getting stated link here