AutoSys Log Files Location Example
Any job you create in Autosys should specify values for std_out_file and std_err_file because it is important in case if something goes wrong with AutoSys jobs. If you don’t specify then AutoSys job sends anything to standard out or standard error, then the output will go to /opt/CA/r11/agent/out/univagent.out. As this is default location and not preferable because the /opt/CA file system on most of our servers has only 1 GB of space. When it fills up every Autosys job will fail and you will not see anything. These files are owned by root, so you will not be able to delete them without administrator assistance.
If you do not want to see any output and your job is running on a Unix server then you can use /dev/null to have the output discarded.
To have unique file generated each time when you run your job, you can use the following variables:
Below are examples:
- std_out_file: /opt/apps/dev/myTeam/log/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.$AUTORUN.stdout
- std_err_file: /opt/apps/dev/myTeam/log/$AUTO_JOB_NAME.$AUTORUN.stdout
- std_out_file: D\:\opt\apps\dev\myTeam\log\%AUTO_JOB_NAME%.%AUTORUN%.stdout
- std_err_file: D\:\opt\apps\dev\myTeam\log\%AUTO_JOB_NAME%.%AUTORUN%.stdout
Sample JIL file with log files attached:
- That’s it. For more details please refer CA documentation here