Database Interview Series 2
This is real time Database Interview Series 2 questions for your next interview preparation.
It’s very easy to get confused in interview without brushing up your technology. Any java interview or J2EE interview for developer role, interviewer starts with question from Java then slowly moves on their project related question and if time permits they will ask some advance questions of theirs choices.
We do always need database to build application. Most java interview you will face some question on database as well based on their project needs and interviewer choices.
Below database interview question are real time Database Interview questions which has been asked from different company and development experience starts from 2 years to 15 years.
- Database Interview Series 2
- What are the different types of joins?
- Explain normalization with examples.
- What cursor type do you use to retrieve multiple record sets?
- Difference between a “where” clause and a “having” clause
- What is the difference between “procedure” and “function”?
- How will you copy the structure of a table without copying the data?
- How to find out the database name from SQL*PLUS command prompt?
- Tradeoffs with having indexes
- Talk about “Exception Handling” in PL/SQL?
- What is the difference between “NULL in C” and “NULL in Oracle?”
- What is Pro*C? What is OCI?
- Give some examples of Analytical functions.
- What is the difference between “translate” and “replace”?
- What is DYNAMIC SQL method 4?
- How to remove duplicate records from a table?
- What is the use of analyzing the tables?
- How to run SQL script from a Unix Shell?
- What is a “transaction”? Why are they necessary?
- Explain Normalization and Demoralization with examples.
- When do you get constraints violation? What are the types of constraints?
- How to convert RAW data type into TEXT?
- Difference – Primary Key and Aggregate Key
- How functional dependency is related to database table design?
- What is a “trigger”?
- Why can a “group by” or “order by” clause is expensive To process?
- What are “HINTS”? What is “index covering” of a query?
- What is a VIEW? How to get script for a view?
- What are the Large object types supported by Oracle?
- What is SQL*Loader?
- Difference between “VARCHAR” and “VARCHAR2″ data types.
- What is the difference among “dropping a table”, “truncating a table” and “deleting all records” from a table?
- Difference between “ORACLE” and “MICROSOFT ACCESS” databases.
- How to create a database link?