Install Drools Plugin Eclipse
Jboss Drools is Business Rules Management System (BRMS) which provide solution for web authoring, core Business Business Rules Engine (BRE) rules management application i.e. (Drools Workbench) and also Eclipse IDE plugin to do core development. To do fast development with Drool its good to have Drools integrated with IDE. This demo will show you how to install Drools plugin in eclipse.
- Eclipse used: Eclipse Kepler (4.3). You are free to use any version of eclipse
- First go to its release page http://download.jboss.org/drools/release/ to check out what are latest release available. We will install 6.1.0.Final stable version which was released on (03-Aug-2014 04:28) as mentioned on the web site. Click this link to go its home page:
- Click update site link:
- On your eclipse click Help –> Install New Software… –> click Add –> Copy URL from browser and paste on location as below (http://download.jboss.org/drools/release/6.1.0.Final/org.drools.updatesite/) and click OK
- Select all as below then click Next:
- Click Next:
- Accept term and condition then click finish:
- You will see below its stared installing plugin:
- If you see warning click OK:
- Once its done you will be prompted to restart eclipse to take effect click yes:
- To check if it’s installed correctly or not click Window –> Preferences you will see Drools as below:
- Also check if Drools project creation wizard are available or not. Click File –> New –> Other and see for Drools:
- That’s it. Visit next tutorial to create Drools project in eclipse.
- For more information please visit its official web site here