Install Maven Windows System
Apache maven is a software project/configuration management tools which simplifies process building managing projects. It is based on the concept of Project Object Model which is known as pom.xml manages software project configuration, build, reporting and documentation from single location. Here you will see how to install maven on Windows operating system.
- Install JDK 1.6 or above set its path in your window environment variables. To set it go to control panel –> Open System –> Click Advanced System settings –> Environment variables –> System Variables and set its home to bin as below:
- Download Apache maven from here (Note: For demo we have downloaded Maven 3.2.5 (Binary zip)
- Now un-zip downloaded file. Below is snap shot of maven unzip folder:
- Set M2_HOME system variable on window environment as below:
- Set path variable to maven bin folder (%M2_HOME%\bin;) as below:
- To verify if maven configured successfully on windows environment please use below command:
- If you see above similar details of maven version in your system it means it configured successfully.