List Tools Available Write Web Service
SOAP Web Service: SOAP (Simple Object Access Protocol) is a lightweight access protocol for exchanging structured information in a decentralized, distributed environment. It is an XML based protocol that consists of three parts:
- Envelope – It defines a framework for describing what is in a message and how to process it
- Encoding Rules – Set of encoding rules for expressing instances of application defined datatypes
- Representation – and a convention for representing remote procedure calls and responses.
List of SOAP Web Service framework in Java:
- Apache Axis: It has proven itself with time to be a reliable and stable base on which to implement Java Web services. Many companies, architect and developers prefer to use this API to develop the SOAP web service, it has very active user community to support in their products.
- Apache CXF: Apache CXF is an open-source framework to develop fully featured Web services framework. It’s originated as combination of two open source projects: Celtix developed by IONA Technologies and XFire developed by team hosted at Codehaus. It’s easy to use, helps you to build and develop services like JAX-WS and JAX-RS. It also support wide variety of protocols.
- JWSDP (Java Web Services Development Pack): It is a free software development kit for developing Web applications, Web Services and Java applications with the newest technologies for Java. Oracle replaced JWSDP with GlassFish. All components of JWSDP are now part of GlassFish and WSIT and several are in Java SE 6.
- Producing a SOAP web service using Spring framework : Producing a web service using Spring framework now a days is very famous as it don’t take much time.
List of RESTFul Web Service framework in Java:
- Apache Axis: You could use Apache axis as well to develop RESTFul web service.
- RESTLET: It’s lightweight open source RESTful web API framework to develop RESTful web service on Java platform. It’s suitable for both server and client Web applications. It supports wide range of service description standards like HTTP and HTTPS, SMTP, XML, JSON, Atom, and WADL.
- Apache CXF: You could use this to develop RESTFul service as well quickly.
- Jersey: Developing RESTFul web service using Jersey is very popular and good option.
- RESTEasy: RESTEasy is a JBoss project that provide portable implementation of JAX-RS specification and it provides Java API for RESTful Web Services over HTTP protocol. It can be run in any servlet container. Another good option to start developing RESTFul web service.
- RESTFul using Spring 3: This is first choice of mine to develop RESTFul web service.