Skip Tests Maven
For denpendency management using maven tool makes easy to manage the project where you can easily do validate, compile, test, package, integration-test, verify, install and deploy. This steps happens in order, means if you just execute install commnad then it will perfrom all previous steps (validate, compile, test, package, integration-test, verify) before executing install command. Sometime you don’t want to do all and would like to skip some of the command which is not needed.
- Suppose if you want to skip test you could use below where we are setting skipTests true.
- Above is project level setting and all the time test will be skipped. You could also skip the test if you are using command line as below:
mvn install -DskipTests
- If you don’t want to do any of the above setting and just want to skip compiling the test then you could use below:
mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
- If you want to skip test all time by defualt you could use below:
- If you want to reenable it in command line while running install command you could use below:
mvn install -DskipTests=false