Spring MVC RESTFul GET POST PUT DELETE
To build a Java enterprise application spring is well known framework. Today we will build RESTFul web service using Spring MVC framework. As we you know RESTFul web service produces multiple representation based on the request from client. In this demo you will learn how to process all representation of RESTFul web service i.e. GET, POST, PUT and DELETE and also how to use spring annotation and mapping.
- Spring MVC maven project structure:
- Download complete project from below link. You can deploy and test on any server but for demo purpose I have used tomcat 7.
- To test this RESTFul web service install Postman – REST Client chrome extension. Once its installed open in chrome use below URL to send request to the server:
Note: You can also refer different type of request mapping, processing using Spring MVC tutorial which had been written before below:
- Spring MVC RESTFul Service POST Data Complete example
- Spring MVC AngularJS RESTFul Service example
- Spring RESTFul Service POST Data Multi Line String
- Pass JSON Array AngularJS Spring MVC Controller
- AngularJS Polling Spring MVC example
For more details on Spring MVC RESTFul web service please visit spring official tutorial here
Download project: SpringMVCRESTFulExample