What it means that method or field is static
Below are meaning if method declare static:
- static method can not be overridden
- Object variable inside static method not accessible
- They can only call other static methods.
- They must only access static data.
- They cannot refer to this or super in any way.
- They can be accessed directly using class and don’t instance of class to access it
Below are meaning if field declare static:
- static method belongs to the class
- Static member that will be used Independently of any object of that class
- Static member can be used by itself, without reference to a specific instance
- When a member is declared static, it can be accessed before any objects of its class are created
- Instance variables declared as static are, essentially, global variables